- Isny (Baden-Württemberg)
- Wangen (Baden-Württemberg)
The Allgäu is a touristic region. The landscape is characterized by montains and lakes.
There is an airport in Memmingen which is mainly served by Ryanair. From there you can continue by train to other destinations in the Allgäu region.
The most important places of interest can be reached by train or by bus.
- Neuschwanstein castle
- Eistobel (chine at the river Argen)
- Falkenstein Castle (castle ruin near Pronten)
- Historic towns in Memmingen and Wangen
- During summer: discover the beuaty of the landscape, do some hiking, mountain biking or climbing.
- In winter: skiing, ski mountaineering, cross-country skiing.
- Allgäu Skyline Park (theme park)
A typical regional meal are the Käßspätzle, type of egg noodle of soft texture with cheese topping.
At most pubs you will find beer from regional breweries.
Other nearby regions are Upper Swabia and the Lake Constance region.