- [+] Destinations
- [+] International operators
This article is a travel topic
Canyoning (or: canyoneering) is about going in a bottom of a canyon, which is either dry or full of water.
Canyoning combines elements from swimming, climbing and jumping--but requires relatively little training or physical shape to get started (compared to rock climbing, scuba diving or alpine skiing, for example).
See also: Rock climbing.
There are several kind of techniques in a canyon, which are also features of a specific canyon:
- sifons (dive-under)
- vertical rappeling (or abseiling)
- horizontal abseiling: moving over a rope above a river from one side of canyon to another
- slides (toboggan in Spanish)
Plus trivial techniques which are used in virtually every canyon with water: walking, swimming, climbing to large stones.
Other characteristics of a canyon are length, duration, altitude difference; time to get in to a canyon start and to get out from its finish.
Australia and New ZealandAustralia New Zealand
EuropeAustria Bosnia =
- near Banja Luka
- near Omiš
North AmericaUnited States
South AmericaBrazil Ecuador
- near Baños
Below is the list of operators which organize canyoning in other countries than the clients they serve:
- Tierras Vivas (peru adventure travel), . Organize tours to Peru, Apurimac River and Machu Picchu. edit