Central Mongolia is a region in Mongolia.
- Arvayheer - the capital of Övörhangai province
- Tsetserleg - the capital of Arkhangai province.
- Ulaanbaatar - the nation's capital and special municipality.
- Zuunmod - the capital of Tuv province
Orkhon Valley Cultural Landscape
The Orkhon Valley, west of Ulaanbaatar, along the Orkhon River in the Övörkhangai and Arkhangai Provinces, was the center of the Mongol Empire, the center of the Uighur Empire, and the birthplace of Mongolian Buddhism. Today, the cultural heritage of the valley constitutes a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Karakorum — the ruins of Genghis Khan's capital city, the heart of the Mongol Empire
- Ordu-Baliq — archaeological site on the remains of the capital city of the first Uighur Empire
- Erdene Zuu Monastery — the first Buddhist monastery in Mongolia
- Tuvkhun Monastery
- Khustain Nuruu National Park
- Hujirt - Hot springs 50km south of Karakorum, There is a hotel and sanatorium. Bus service from Ulaanbaatar or Avraiheer.
- Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve
- Terkhiin Tsagaan Nuur (Great White Lake)
- Blue lake trekking route 8 days, 7 nights. Trek to the beautiful Khukh Nuur (Blue Lake) in Arkhangai Province, located at the top of the Arkhangai Mountains. This is a challenging route and you will be trekking up to 20 km a day yet amazingly picturesque, as Arkhangai is known to Mongolians as the “Horse Breeders Paradise” for its beauty.