- Columbia is the capital of South Carolina and is home to the University of South Carolina and the Gamecocks.
- West Columbia
- Forest Acres
- Wingate by Wyndham Harbison, 217 Lanneau Court, Columbia, SC 29212 (I-26 Exit 103 (Harbison Blvd) - Right off the exit - Right onto Columbiana Dr. - Left onto Lanneau Court), ☎ 803 407-6166, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Free breakfast, free internet, microwave and refrigerator in each room, outdoor pool, indoor whirlpool, business center, fitness center, free pass to Gold's gym, directly next door to Bailey's Sports Grill and movie theater. Discount coupons to local restaurants and attractions at front desk
- Holiday Inn Express Harbison, 211 Lanneau Court, Columbia, SC 29212 (I-26 Exit 103 (Harbison Blvd) - Right off exit onto Harbison Blvd - Right onto Columbiana Drive - left onto Lanneau Court), ☎ 803 732-2229, . checkin: 3:00PM; checkout: 12PM. Free breakfast, free internet, business center & fitness center on site. Microwave and refrigerator in each guest room. Free pass to Gold's Gym, across the street from Columbiana mall, directly next door to Bailey's Sports Grill and Carmike movie theater
- Staybridge Suites Downtown Columbia, 1913 Huger Street, Columbia, SC 29201, ☎ 866-406-4650, . The Staybridge Suites is an extended stay hotel in downtown Columbia. Guests will enjoy free breakfast, free internet, free evening reception Monday - Thursday, and use of the indoor pool, fitness center and business center. Spacious guest rooms offer a fully equipped kitchen (microwave, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, cooking utensils), flat screen TV and free internet.
- Hampton Inn Lexington, 601 Columbia Ave, Lexington, SC 29072, ☎ 803-356-8300, . The Hampton Inn Lexington accommodates business and leisure travelers visiting Columbia, South Carolina. Guests will enjoy outdoor pool, business center, fitness center, and free breakfast. Spacious guest rooms offer a microwave, refrigerator, iron, ironing board and coffee maker. Applebee's restaurant is located directly next door.
- Columbia Marriott, 1200 Hampton Street, ☎ 803-771-7000, . The Columbia Marriott, a downtown Columbia SC hotel, is conveniently located, just two blocks from the SC state capitol building and in a vibrant, bustling quarter of downtown.
Lake Murray is a reservoir in the U.S. state of South Carolina. It is approximately 50,000 acres (200 km²) in size, and has roughly 500 miles (800 km) of shoreline. It was impounded in the late 1920s to provide hydroelectric power to the state of South Carolina. Lake Murray is fed by the Saluda River, which flows from upstate South Carolina near the North Carolina state line. The Saluda Dam (officially the Dreher Shoals Dam) was an engineering feat at the time of its construction. The dam, using the native red clay soil and bedrock, was the largest earthen dam in the world when it was completed in 1930. Lake Murray itself is named after the project's chief engineer, William S. Murray. The Saluda Dam is approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km) long and 220 feet (67 m) high. Lake Murray is 41 miles (66 km) long, and 14 miles (23 km) wide at its widest point. At the time when the lake was finished, it was the world's largest man-made reservoir.
Since its construction, Lake Murray has been the focal point of the region. Many different communities in four counties are all tied to the lake, and the local history has as much to do with the lake as the lake has to do with the local history. Considering Lake Murray now covers an area that was once populated, the story of what lies beneath its surface is the story of Lake Murray itself.
In addition to serving as a source of hydroelectric power for the region, the lake has become a recreational attraction, with fishing and boating being popular activities. Also, Dreher Island State Recreation Area, located in the Western part of the lake, provides multiple activities—all focused on the lake.