Guarapari is a very popular holiday escape for people from landlocked Minas Gerais state as well as people from Vitória and Vila Velha. The place is fervent between Christmas and Carnaval, with smaller peaks on school holidays throughout the year.
Guarapari has a small domestic airport with no regular passenger traffic.
Vitória Airport (VIX) - also known as Eurico Salles Airport - in the capital city of Vitória, is the closest airport to Guarapari. It receives daily flights from most state capitals in the country. Among the main airlines serving the airport are TAM  and Gol . A number of smaller carriers also serve the airport, including Azul , TEAM , and TRIP .
A taxi to / from the Airport Victory will set you back about U.S. $ 140.00 for Taxi company Dodo . The fastest way to get to the airport by bus is to take a bus to Dawn Vila Velha near the exit Terminal Vila Velha, and take a local bus from there. Total travel time is approximately 2 hours, and costs around $ 15. In some bus schedules have coming out of Guarapari straight to the Airport and the Airport Guarapari
The bus station is in the commercial district of Moquiçaba, between Praia do Morro and downtown (walking distance to both). Main lines include Vitória (some via Vila Velha), Rio de Janeiro, and Belo Horizonte.
The bus company Alvorada has their own little terminal two blocks away from the bus station. They run hourly buses (more frequent during peak hours) to Vitória via Vila Velha, until 9 pm.
Guarapari is situated on the coast 53 kilometers south of Vitória on highway 60, officially nicknamed Rodovia do Sol. There is also easy access from BR-101.
Many local buses run throughout the night. Taxis are few on Praia do Morro. None have meters, but there should be a table available showing fixed prices between different neighbourhoods.
- Lounge about on the beach at Praia do Morro. At its northern end there is a small nature reserve with a 1,5 km trail that leads to a small deserted beach.
- There is a kind of an amusement park in the closed down part of a quarry, not far from Praia do Morro: Pedreira Adventures.  During high season parties are hosted here, -an amazing setting!
- There is rental of windsurfing equipment and small sailboats near Quisque 55 at Praia do Morro. Lessons are also given. Kayak rental nearby.
- Plenty of cheap T-shirts along Praia do Morro, where most shops are open evenings only
The best and most expensive restaurants are in Meaípe
- Kiosks line the beaches and always have plenty of beer, caipirinhas, and coconut water.
- Quiosque 16 at Parai do Morro has live acts most every night until 10 PM, -R$ 1-2 cover charge.
- Restaurante Janaina by Quiosque 40 at Praia do Morro has live pagode every friday and sunday.
- Bar-come-club Tonteria is in the city center
High season nightlife concentrates in Meaípe:
- Multiplace MAIS  Stiffly priced, huge.
- Casa Marracini, Rua Fernando de Abreu, 121 - Guarapari - ES, 29200-685, ☎ (27) 3261-1616, . Restaurant specializes in Italian pasta, grilled meats and seafood edit
Praia do Morro is probably the best option for tourists. Also many hotels in the city centre. Furnished and equipped apartments for short term rent abound. Real estate agencies on every corner can offer you something.
- Pousada MonaSol, Avenida Praiana 427, Praia do Morro (Just inland from beach kiosk no. 13), . Completely refurbished 2008. Doubles R$ 60-100. edit
- Pousada Enseada Verde, Meaípe, tel. (27) 3272-1376.
The telephone area code for Guarapari is 27 (as well as in central and northern parts of Espírito Santo).
- Vitória - The capital of the state of Espírito Santo, famous for its bay, beaches and nightlife.
- Vila Velha - Famous for Convento da Penha (a 16th-century hilltop Franciscan convent), and the beaches of Praia da Costa, Itapuã, and Coqueiral de Itaparica.
- Domingos Martins - To get a taste of a town colonized by German immigrants, and the famous Pedra Azul (Blue Rock).
- Santa Teresa - To get a taste of a town colonized by Italian immigrants.
- Itaúnas - Famous for its dunes and forró, a Northeastern Brazilian dance.
- Rio de Janeiro - World-known city famous for its breathtaking landscape and annual carnival.