Gulf Coast (Texas)
Texas's Gulf Coast stretches for hundreds of miles, from the Louisiana border to Brownsville on the Rio Grande. The beaches are excellent, and oil-rich cities like Houston make for fun nightlife, too.
- Rio Grande Valley - from the Mexican border at Brownsville up to Baffin Bay.
- South Barrier Coast - from Baffin Bay in the south near Kingsville past the Corpus Christi area and up to Port Lavaca.
- Point Comfort in the south to Galveston Bay east of Bay City. Includes the sprawling Houston Metropolitan Area.
- Bayous - marshy land from Galveston Bay east to the Louisiana border.
- South Padre Island - Resort town on Padre Island. Very popular spring break destination for university students.
- Mustang Island.
- Crystal Beach - Just a ferry ride from Galveston Island
- Aransas National Wildlife Refuge
- A Taste of Coastal Texas, from Houston along the coast to Corpus Christi.
Hurricanes frequently occur in the summer months. Check for local weather updates while in the area.