Kazanlak lies in the centre of Rose Valley, a major agricultural area with rose fields, product of which is then extracted to produce rose oil.
- Watch the famous Bulgarian rose oil being produced. It is best to visit in May or June, as that's the oil rose harvesting season.
- Thracian Tomb of Kazanlak, . Visit the Thracian Tomb of Kazanlak a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Euro 1.50. edit
There is a large Roma community in the eastern part of the city, in which travellers may feel uncomfortable and non-locals may be unwelcome—it's best to avoid there altogether.
- Thracian tomb of Kazanlak (Казанлъшка гробница) near the city is an ancient Thracian tomb dating back to 4th century BOT and is a World Heritage site. Inside the tomb is a narrow corridor opening to a round burial chamber, both of which are decorated with murals depicting a ritual funeral feast.
- The village of Shipka to the north, which has an impressive Russian style cathedral built in memory of the Russian soliders who fell in the Battle of Shipka Pass.
- The village of Gabrovo to the north, across the Balkan Mountains, which has historic sites, a humor museum and impressive shopping and dining opportunities.
- Nature Park Bulgarka, on the north side of the Balkans across from Kazanluk, provides many out door activities opportunities for people who enjoy nature and hiking.