La Rioja (Spain)
- Ezcaray -- a small, scenic village about 30km southwest of Haro. Home to a one star Michelin restaurant.
- Haro -- one of the major wine towns of the region; a hill town that is home to a number of world famous bodegas (wineries).
- Logroño The capital of the province
- Santo Domingo de la Calzada -- small town with a cathedral and well-preserved medieval quarter
Spanish is the main language in La Rioja. In fact, Riojans like to point out that this is where the language was first written down, over a thousand years ago in the monastery of San Millán de la Cogolla. While La Rioja is a mostly rural province, the presence of the Camino de Santiago and the thousands of foreign pilgrims that pass through each year encourages some residents to learn the basics of English, French, German, or Italian. Nevertheless, a solid grasp of Spanish is recommended.
Drink some of their famous wines.
- CasaSpain.com, tel. 902122727, Rental apartments La Rioja, +5000 selected vacation properties. Only trustful owners and agencies. CasaSpain.com