- Hirtshals Colorline operates a super fast type ferry on the line, which does the crossing in 3 hours 45 minutes. Tickets for an adult goes for 180 DKK and up, while the price for a car with max 5 passengers are starts at 720 DKK. As of October 21st 2008, departure times from Larvik was 8.00 and 17.30.
The Norwegian state railways (NSB) has departures for Oslo once every hour throughout the day, journey time for Oslo is 2 hours 6 minutes on most departures. There is also two daily trains to Stavanger, the western terminus of the southern railway line.
- Bøkeskogen. Norways largest beech forrest. Bokeskogen is the northern-most beech forest in the world and the biggest public place in Norway. It's on the top of the city and it stretches until the Farris forest. It has always been an important place for the people of the city and it's here that the 17. May march starts from. edit
- Herregården- The Manor House. Former residence for Ulrik Frederik Gyldenløve. The building started in 1674. edit
- Svenner lighthouse, . The Manor is one of the earliest and most important examples of Baroque architecture in Norway, being built in the years 1674-1677. It is well adapted to traditional Norwegian log architecture. The interiors are famous for rare decorations in regency and baroque style, being immensely popular at the time. From the start, the Manor was located outside the city borders, surrounded by a large garden stretching all the way sown south towards the sea. The Manor was made a listed building in 1923, and today is a part of the Larvik Museum. edit
- Hedrum Rural Museum is a rural museum with oldies and goldies from the Hedrum village. Located in Kvelde in Lågendalen, it gives tourists a taste of the typical Hedrum farm only 20 minutes away from Larvik city centre. From 1985 onwards the Hedrum Rural Museum is owned and run by Hedrum Historic Preservation Association and comprises 1 acre of land and 4 houses. The main living quarters have been restored to resemble a typical Hedrum farm from around 1900. An old shop has been set up in the corner room. Hedrum Rural Museum is open at Sundays from the middle of June until the end of August.
- Becks Brasserie & Bar (Becks Brasserie & Bar), . One of the best eating and drinking locations in town. edit
- Tourist Office 8Storgata 48) open from 8:30 to 16 from Monday to Friday. It's open until 18 between mid-June to beginning of August.
- Library (Bibliotek) 10-19 on monday, 10-16 from tuesday to friday, 10-14 saturday
- Stavern- Stavern has kept it's special charm with its' narrow streets and old houses. Norway's smile is one of its' nicknames. Artist town and Jonas Lie's town are others.Stavern is a favorite with thousands of tourists and artists.