Livorno is in Tuscany.
Livorno is on the Tyrrhenian sea in Italy. It is the third-largest port on the western coast.
Pisa airport (code: PSA) Galileo Galilei.
Main train station is Livorno Centrale. Take bus number 1 to go to town center and then to the port in about 20 minutes.
From Piombino, Florence and other cities.
Many cruise ships stop here for at least a full day to allow guests to tour Florence and/or Pisa. Guests not taking cruise ship arranged tours can take a shuttle (supplied by the port) to the the downtown area. It offers a decent shopping experience, but not compared to Florence. A further 10-20 minute walk (or another bus ride) gets you to a train station. There you can take frequent departures for either Pisa or Florence. Many experts advise seeing Florence or Pisa on a one-day port visit by cruise ship. Though some tours claim to cover both, you'll get no more than a rushed look at a few icons...and if you're too early or late for any, it may well be closed.
If hoping for maximum time in Florence...
- Take an early cab (perhaps shared with another couple) from your ship to and from the Livorno train station.
- At the station, ask for a train that goes to the Firenze Santa Maria Novella. Locals will happily help.
Bus number 1 is a shuttle from train station to the port and vice-versa. Ticket for one hour of travel is 1,00 Euros, daily ticket is 3,20 Euros. For self-reliant cruise passengers, this is part of the most economical way to reach trains to Pisa and Florence.
- Quattro Mori
- Museo Civico Giovanni Fattori 
- Old English Cemetery (Oldest in Italy, open on reservation). For info call Misericordia: 0586/897324 or write an email to  Association Livorno delle Nazioni.
- Acquario Comunale "D. Cestoni"  (closed: work in progress)
- Tuscan islands 
- Other museums: 
- Funicolare di Montenero  one of the few cable railways still in service (another one is in Montecatini Terme near Pistoia.
- The Venice Neighborhood ( Quartiere La Venezia In Italian language ). The Venice Neighborhood ( "La Venezia" in Italian ). The name of this nighborhood is Venice cause of is like or is similar to the city of Venice . It's surrounded by canals and it's one of the oldest and most beautiful part of the city . In this area , especially in Summer , you can stop at the tables of some locals to enjoy a beer or a delicous typical food . In this area there is also the old " San marco's Theatre in which the Italian Communist Party was born in 1921 . You can see a great prospective of the neighborhood from the beautiful square " Piazza della Repubblica " , the second square/bridge biggest of Europe. The big Dome of the " Chiesa dei Dominicani " ( Dominican Church ) marks the center of Venice Neighborhood . Follow the dome to get inside from Piazza della Repubblica and enjoy walking close to the channels , in the beautiful and elegant " Via Borra " and inside all the little street of this beautiful neighborhood edit
- San Giovanni's spa : the San Giovanni Spa, overlooking the Gulf of Portoferraio, stands on an area of 5 hectares of marshland which yields a silt with high therapeutic potential, making this spa establishment the only Thalassotherapy centre in the Western Mediterranean.
- Venturina's spa : the thermal waters Venturina were known by the Etruscans and Romans, hence the name "Aquae Populoniae. Flow in 45 ° Celsius throughout the year, with constant flow, and are classified as calcium-magnesium-sulphate-bicarbonate-alkalines.
- Cacciucco - fish stew
- Riso Nero - Black Rice -(Risotto darkened with squid ink)
- Trattoria Sottomarino, Via dei Terrazzini 48/50 - ph. +39 0586 887025 - Close to Piazza della Repubblica and Fortezza Nuova (Venezia District). Fish cuisine, don't miss the gorgeous cacciucco - Closed on MO and TU.
- Cantina Senese , Borgo Cappuccini 95 - ph. +39 0586 211604 - famous for Caccuccio and Black Rice
"Ponce alla livornese" is optimal to finish a meal (warm drink with coffee and rum).
- Hotel Hermitage, Via dei Melograni 13 57020, Marina di Bibbona, Tel. +39.0586.600218 Fax +39.0586.600760. . 4-star modern and comfortable Hotel Hermitage in Marina di Bibbona near the splendid Etruscan coast
Livorno is a good starting point and base for a tour of Tuscany. You can reach Pisa in half an hour, Lucca and Florence in somewhat over an hour. (See note under "Get in" "By Boat" above). In a well-organized day you can tour from a hotel in Livorno you might sample Chianti-side, Monteriggioni, San Gimignano, Siena and Volterra and be back for dinner. However, return before by expected time for a cruise ship departure could be quite problematic.