Møn is in Denmark.
This small island is situated just south of Zealand. It has about 11,000 inhabitants.
The 2 main towns are Stege and Lendemarke, which adjoin one another and which have about 2,000 residents in total. Other noteworthy villages are Borre and Klintholm Havn in eastern end of the island, and Store Damme/Askeby in the western end.
Most of the population speaks Danish, English and (some) German. Swedish and Norwegian is widely understood.
The white chalk cliffs of Møn are created from the shells of tiny animals and plants settling on what, 75 million years ago, was a tropical seabed. During the last ice age, the chalk was pushed to the surface by glaciers covering northern Europe. The cliffs are up to 100 meters (328 feet) tall.
- Liselund Castle, Langebjergvej 4, Borre, ☎ ''+45'' 33134411 (Copenhagen office), . May to Sep: We-Su Onsdag-søndag guided tours at 10.30am, 11am, 1.30pm, and 2pm. A beautiful romantic garden with several small castles. The east side has a great wiew of the cliffs of Møn. Build in the 18. century by Antoine and Lisa de la Calmette. Part of the danish National Museum. Popular for picnics and playing games DKK 30, free for under 18's. edit
- Geocenter Møns Klint, Stengårdsvej 8, Borre, ☎ ''+45'' 55863600 (email@example.com), . 10am to 4pm (6pm in summer). state of the art-museum with a lot of activities especially for children. DKK 115 (DKK 70 children 3-11). edit
- Elmelunde Church, Elmelunde. 8am-4pm (5pm Apr-Sep). One of the oldest churches in Denmark. It has wonderful well-preserved frescoes by the Elmelunde Master (ca 1490) free. edit
Go fossil hunting in the white chalk cliffs. Bring a hammer and chisel or similar, and start chipping in the chalk cliffs. Most common are belemnite fossils but others can also be found.
- Davids which is a good modern café in central Stege.
- Støberiet where you are able to choose between as much as 50 kinds of meat.
- Gourmet Gaarden which is the best option on Møn if you are looking for fine dining.
- Café Frederik located on the main square of Stege with a great view due to the fact that the building is made entirely of glass.
- Café Laika which will do fine if your looking to enjoy a small beer looking over the harbour
- Bryghuset which is a newly open Café and has the advantage of brewing their own beer, hence the name (House of Brew).
- Toldboden on Storegade, where the beer is cheap and the customers average an age of over 50.