Omarama is a small town in the Twizel and 100 kilometres south of Mount Cook. It is a world famous gliding centre where scenic glider flights into the Southern Alps are available - as well as a pilot training school.
- Omarama is on State Highway 8 at State Highway 83.
- Christchurch is the nearest international airport.
- Queenstown is the nearest major domestic airport.
- The Wrinkly Rams Sheep Shearing Experience A detailed and informative show about New Zealands High Country sheep shearing. Shows last around 45 minutes which includes a 10 minute movie 'Micron Magic'. A must see if travelling through Omarama, don't forget your camera!
- Clay Cliffs, NZ$5. 15 minute drive through a natural hertiage protected site looking at natural erosion that has occurred due to the Ostler fault.
- Gliding. Between September and April.
- Hang Gliding, 0800 02 45433. Take an at least 20 minute flight over Omarama.
- Gavin Wills Mountain Soaring, 64 3 438 9555, . Soaring school with introductory and advanced level courses.
- The Wrinkly Rams Gift Shop-includes clothing made from 'Ultra-fine' Merino Wool, delicious New Zealand Honey and much more.
- The Wrinkly Rams Cafe-Omarama's best food and coffee.
- Kahu Cafe on the airfield, between the camping ground and the hangars. Coffee and meals.
- The Wrinkly Rams Cafe-Omarama's best food and coffee
Omarama's Best Cafe and Bar - Oasis. Great coffee, yummy food and a warm fire.
- Ladybird Hill, 2 Pinot Court (2 minute walk north of the town centre), ☎ 4389550, . Vineyard restaurant with extensive grounds, kids playground, fish feeding and a walking trail leading to a lookout giving the best views of Omarama and the surrounding area. simply spectacular. edit
- Heritage Gateway Hotel. 98 rooms.
- Countrytime Hotel. 50 rooms.
- Sierra Motels. From NZ$95.
- Ahuriri Motel, State Highway 83, 64 3 438 9451, 0800 438 945. 14 rooms.
- Omarama Hotel.