Saugatuck and Douglas  are small adjacent resort towns in West Michigan on the shores of Lake Michigan, and at the mouth of the Kalamazoo River. They are mostly a summer resort area popular with locals and Chicago residents, and have a lively arts scene and many out of the ordinary shops and restaurants. They offer a peculiar mixture of traditional small-town midwestern values and progressive alternative-lifestyle tolerance.
Saugatuck is known to be a popular destination amoung the midwest's LGBT community
- Saugatuck-Douglas Convention and Visitors Burea, ☎ +1 269-857-1701, . The official source for all visitor information on this popular tourist destination edit
- Amazwi Contemporary Art, 249 Culver St, Saugatuck, 269-857-5551,  . Fine Art Paintings, Sculpture & Unique Crafts from Africa.
- Art 'Round Town, PO Box 405, Saugatuck, 616-582-6001, . An outdoor sculpture exhibit, a walking tour
- Blue Coast Artists, 6301 122nd Ave, Fennville 269-236-9260, . Six unique working artists studios specializing in many media.
- Bruce Baughman Studio & Gallery, 242 Butler St, Saugatuck, 269-857-1299, . A contemporary fine art gallery
- James Brandess Studios & Gallery, 238 Butler St, Saugatuck, 269-857-1937, . Area landscapes, still-lifes, portraits
- Button Gallery, 161 Blue Star Highway, Douglas, 269-857-2175, . Offering fine paintings and sculpture in Douglas since 1966.
- Czarina's Treasure, 403 Water Street, Saugatuck, 269-857-7216. Upscale art glass, jewelry, bronzes, antiques, icons and gifts.
- Discovery Art Center, 347 Water St., Saugatuck, 269-857-8225. A nationally recognized co-operative of Saugatuck artists.
- Elizabeth Ellen Gallery, 21 Main St, Douglas, 269-857-1948, . Heirloom quality oil paintings; rotating work of guest artists.
- Good Goods, 106 Mason St., Saugatuck, 269-857-1557, . Fine art, furniture, ceramics, glass, jewelry and wearable art
- Janice Miles Gallery, 421 Water St., Saugatuck, 269-857-5202, . Local and British landscape watercolors, jewelry, garden metal sculptures.
- Koorey Creations, 104 Hoffman St., Saugatuck, 269-857-8050, . Hand crafted jewelry, extraordinary gems in gold and platinum. Seasonal hours.
- Ox-Bow, 3435 Rupprecht Way at end of Park St., Saugatuck, 269-857-5811, . Summer School of art and artists’ residency.
- The Peachbelt Studio & Gallery, corner of M-89 & 63rd St., Fennville, 269-561-5561, . Oil painting by Dawn Stafford & sculpture by Jill Lareaux.
- Constance Petter Gallery, 161 Blue Star Highway, Douglas, 269-857-7861, . National and regional fine art for thirty years.
- Saugatuck Douglas Art Club, - Saugatuck Gallery, 317 Butler St., Saugatuck, 269-857-1189, . Largest selection of oil paintings in West Michigan, affordable prices.
- The Timmel Collection, 133 Main St., Saugatuck, 269-857-7274, . A gallery of fine art featuring 100 artisans.
- Tuscan Pot, 321 Water Street, Saugatuck, 269-857-5550, . Original, Italian style pottery/tiles, Italian imports and more.
- Water Street Gallery, 98 Center Street, Douglas, 269-857-8485, . Contemporary Fine Art, Painting, Glass, Sculpture by national/regional artists.
Stroll the art galleries, visit the eclectic shops and restaurants and walk along the Lake Michigan beach to watch the sunsets. Oval Beach – technically in Saugatuck, but accessible by driving through Douglas – was once featured by MTV as one of the "top five" beaches in the country.
Every June since 1999, Saugatuck has hosted the Waterfront Film Festival, a showcase of independent filmmaking, featuring a selection of movies ranging from (relatively) big-budget productions with well-known star or two to obscure shoestring-budget shorts, including many regional and a few worldwide debuts. 
- A Christmas Carol, Saugatuck, Tickets: 269-857-1701 The 22nd season for this local "Humbug" of Dickens. 2 weeks in December.
- Big Lake Outfitters, 640 Water St. Saugatuck 269-857-4762, . Charter fishing, pontoon rentals, fishing & marine supplies.
- Chamber Music Festival of Saugatuck, Saugatuck Woman's Club 616-393-5555, . Concerts Thursdays & Fridays in July & August.
- Clearbrook Golf Club, Pro Shop & Driving Range, 6494 Clearbrook Drive, Saugatuck, 269-857-2000, . Golf Digest Four Stars - with friendly rates & great food.
- Fenn Valley Vineyards Tasting Room, 310 Butler Street, Saugatuck, 800-432-6265, . Fenn Valley Tasting Room. Award winning wines of distinction.
- Fennville Goose Festival, Fennville, 269-686-6854, .
- Harbor Duck Adventures Co. Saugatuck and Douglas, 269-857-DUCK (3825), . Amphibious touring water taxi.
- Lakeshore Jazz Connection, 269-857-2287, . Sponsoring jazz performances throughout the year.
- Laketown Golf & Conference Center, 6069 Blue Star Highway, 269-857-5730, . Premier location for receptions, meetings and conferences.
- Mason Street Warehouse, 400 Culver St., Saugatuck, 269-857-4898, . An uptown theatre in downtown Saugatuck; a professional theatre.
- The Red Barn, 3657 63rd Street, 269-857-5300, Saugatuck, . Plays, Cabarets, Art & Exhibits, Ballet at the Historic Red Barn.
- Running Rivers Kayak Rental, Wade's Bayou Park, Center St., Douglas, 269-673-3698, . No experience needed. All ages welcome! 8 hour river trips.
- Saugatuck-Douglas Museum, 735 Park St., Saugatuck, 269-857-7900, . Annual exhibits open Memorial Day - Labor Day, daily. Fall weekends.
- Saugatuck Dune Rides, 6495 Blue Star Highway, Saugatuck, 1-269-857-2253,  35 minute scenic tour thru the sand dunes of Lake Michigan.
- Star of Saugatuck Boat Cruises, 716 Water St., Saugatuck, 1-269-857-4261, . 1 1/2 hour cruise on authentic Sternwheeler – snacks & spirits.
- Saugatuck Center for the Arts, 400 Culver Street, Saugatuck, 269-857-2399, . Arts and Entertainment year-round.
- Saugatuck Dunes State Park, 6575 138th Ave., Saugatuck, . A day-use park along a secluded strip of Lake Michigan shoreline, Saugatuck Dunes State Park offers 1,000 acres of land with 2.5 miles of shore line.
- Waterfront Film Festival, 350 Culver Street, Saugatuck, 269-857-8351, . Annual Independent film festival.
- Lakeview Lanes & Grill, 229 Center Street (Saugatuck and Douglas), ☎ 269- 857-1107, . Restaurant, Bar & Bowling edit
- American Spoon Foods, 308 Butler St., Saugatuck, 269-857-3084, . Gourmet artisanal foods celebrating the native flavors of Michigan!
- Belvedere Inn & Restaurant, 3656 63rd Street, Saugatuck, 269-857-5777, . Award winning B&B and dinner. All inclusive dine and lodge!
- Blue Moon Bar and Grille, 310 Blue Star Highway, Douglas, 269-857-8686,. Award-winning fine dining restaurant with weekend features, special bar menu, drink features and specialty martini menu, all-star service and an eclectic contemporary interior design. -CLOSED-
- Blue Star Cafe & M&M's Ice Cream, 141 Blue Star Hwy, Douglas 269-857-1030, . Ma & Pa Greek meals-Veggies-Omelets-Burgers-Pitas-Ice Cream.
- The Butler, 40 Butler St. Saugatuck, 269-857-3501, . Seafood, steaks & burgers. Waterfront dining. Open year round.
- Butler Pantry, 119 Butler St., Saugatuck, 269-857-4875, . Gourmet kitchenware, gadgets, specialty foods, wine.
- Charlie's Round the Corner Ice Dream, 134 Mason St. Saugatuck, 269-857-2100. 50 flavors. Saugatuck's favorite ice cream shop for 30 years.
- Chequers of Saugatuck, 220 Culver St. Saugatuck, 269-857-1868, . Quaint English pub. English foods & more. Imported beers.
- Clearbrook Restaurant, 6494 Clearbrook Drive, Saugatuck, 269-857-2000, . Choose top-rated refined dining or award winning casual food.
- Coral Gables Restaurant, 220 Water St. Saugatuck, 269-857-2162, . Saugatuck's waterfront, entertainment complex, 5 bars, 4 restaurants.
- DeMond's Super Valu, 237 Center St, Douglas, 269-857-2443. Beer, wine, liquor, bakery, deli, fresh produce and tender steaks.
- Everyday People Cafe, 11 Center St, Douglas, 269-857-4240, . Casual, hip dining featuring eclectic American-Bistro fare.
- Costa Azul (formerly Jo Jo's), 107 Blue Star Highway, Douglas, 269-857-1523, Authentic, family owned and operated Mexican.
- Kilwin's Chocolates, 152 Butler St, Saugatuck, 269-857-1195. Handmade chocolates, fudge and original recipe ice cream.
- The Little Store, 6586 122nd Ave, Fennville, 269-543-8711. Beer, liquor, pizza takeout, sporting goods, grocery, lotto, video.
- Marro's Italian Restaurant, 147 Water St. Saugatuck, 269-857-4248, . 36 years of great "homemade" Italian food. Casual fun dining.
- Mermaid Bar & Grill, 340 Water St. Saugatuck, 269-857-8208, . Waterfront dining and cocktails, fresh seafood, pasta and steaks.
- The Olive Mill, 220 Culver St., Saugatuck, 269-857-5900. Olive oil tasting experience. 30 artisan extra virgin olive oils & balsamic vinegars.
- Phil's Bar & Grille, 215 Butler St. Saugatuck, 269-857-1555, . Hemingway's favorite Saugatuck hang-out. Damn fine food & drink.
- Pumpernickels, 202 Butler St, Saugatuck, 269-857-1196, . Breakfast, lunch, dinner & cocktails; relaxed atmosphere, patio & sun deck.
- Providence Farms P.O. Box 848, Saugatuck, 269-857-1215. Organic Beef, Lamb, Pork, Chicken & Turkey. Pick up at th Green market on Fridays in Saugatuck firstname.lastname@example.org
- Restaurant Toulouse, 248 Culver St. Saugatuck, 269-857-1561 French country cuisine in a beautiful, relaxed setting. Reservations.
- The River Market & Deli, 650 Water St. Saugatuck, 269-857-8899, . Full deli, groceries, beer, liquor, wine, bakery, cigars & gas dock.
- Sand Bar Saloon, 141 Butler St, Saugatuck, 269-857-2676. Friendly downtown bar with beer, wine, spirits, pool tables, gyros & Keno.
- Saugatuck Brewing Co, . Next door to the Antique Pavillion, Douglas, 269-857-7222 Hancrafted beer and brew. On premise brewery. Open 3-6PM Daily. Later by chance.
- Saugatuck Coffee Company, 119-121 Butler Street, Saugatuck, 269-857-2633, . Casual elegance located in historic Leland Alley behind Kilwin’s
- Saugatuck-Douglas Green Market, 400 Culver Street, Saugatuck, 269-857-2399, . (June–September) Featuring Michigan farmers and artisan producers, dedicated to bringing fresh, high quality food to your table.
- Spectators Sports Bar & Grill, 6432 Blue Star Highway, Saugatuck, 269-857-5001, . 25 TVs, outdoor seating, live music, meeting room for up to 50 people.
- Tabor Hill Wine Port, 214 Butler St., Saugatuck, 269-857-4859, . Fine wines, great food, incredible view, tastings & tours (800) 283-3363
- Uncommon Grounds Coffeehouse, 127 Hoffman St, Saugatuck 269-857-3333, . In-house roasted coffees, fresh baked goods, full juice bar.
- The White House, 149 Griffith St, Saugatuck 269-857-3240, . Food. Fun. Home of classic rock.
- Wine Sellers Of Saugatuck, 247 Butler St., Saugatuck, 269-857-7815, . Fine wine and beer, wine racks, gourmet foods, gifts and cigars
- Elbo Room, 880 Holland St, Saugatuck, ☎ 269.857.8646, . The Elbo Room overlooks the Kalamazoo River. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, including pizza served daily. edit
- Lakeview Lanes & Grill, 229 Center Street, ☎ 269- 857-1107, . restaurant, bar, bowling edit
- The Hickory Pit, 322 Culver Street, ☎ 269-857-6020, . Michigans best Bar-b-que. Waterfront view and we also offer vegetarian and vegan barbecue. edit
- Sherwood Forest Bed and Breakfast, 938 Center Street, Douglas, 800-838-1246, . Just half a block from the Lake Michigan beach.
- Beechwood Manor Inn & Cottage, 736 Pleasant Street, Saugatuck, 877-857-1587, . An upscale bed and breakfast within walking distance to downtown Saugatuck.
- Saugatuck Bed and Breakfast, 938 Center Street, 1-800-838-1246, . A victorian home in a wooded setting just half a block from the Lake Michigan beach.
- The Dunes Resort - 333 Blue Star Hwy, Douglas, +1 269-857-1401, . Gay & Lesbian resort with motel rooms and multi-room cottages, set in 20 acres.
- Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites, 247 Butler St. Saugatuck, ☎ 888 857-8109, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 12 noon. $135-$225. edit
- Lynn-Dee-Lea Houseboat, 868 Holland St, Saugatuck, ☎ (309) 360-7498, . Sleep on the water in this boatel. edit
- Twin Gables Inn, 900 Lake Street (A-2 (Blue Star Hwy) & Lake St), ☎ 800-231-2185, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. Casual bed and breakfast in town overlooking Lake Kalamazoo. From $129. edit
The lakeshore city of Holland lies a short distance to the north.