Hjejlen [YAI-len] sails between Silkeborg and Himmelbjerget (1hr 15 min). Bookings tel: 86820766. Hjejlen is both the name of the oldest boat and the company that now operates several boats. The Hjejle-boast stop at many interesting places and with a return ticket, you can go on and off. This also gives you the opportunity to ride at least once with the original steam paddleboat.
- AQUA . Freshwater aquarium with fish, otters, birds. The big tanks can be viewed both from above outside the building and from the side, inside the building. Has touch tank where you can pet the fish. Entrance DKK 85.
- Silkeborg art museum Gudenåvej 7-9, tel:86825388,  houses the Asger Jorn collections. Open Apr-Oct: Tu-Su 10am-5pm, Nov-Mar: Tu-Fr noon-4pm, Sa-Su 10am-5pm. Entrance DKK 50.
- Paper museum at papirfabrikken.
- Kunstcentret Silkeborg Bad, Gjessøvej 40 A-D, 8600 Silkeborg, ☎ 86 81 63 29 (email@example.com), . varies. At a location of magnificent natural beauty by the Ørnsø lake surrounded by protected forests, the Art Centre Silkeborg Bad is located. The Art Centre has been established in the old spa facility that has undergone meticulous renovation. DKK 50. edit
- Bunker museum, (in the park by Kunstcentret Silkeborg Bad). sunday 13-16. dkk 10,-. edit
- Hjejlen  go on a boat ride on the oldest operative paddle steamer in the world.
- Himmelbjerget. Walk this 147 meter "mountain" (Himmelbjerget is literaly sky mountain) and the tower on top of it (DKK 7.50 entrance for the tower). There are kiosks, restaurants, toilets next to the top. You can get there by the river boats (stop: Himmelbjerget).
There are several restaurants at the paper mill:
- Michael D The restaurant and brasserie at the Radisson hotel at papirfabrikken. Tel +45 88822222.  Menus from 250DKK.
- Cafe Eval. Papirfabrikken 10. tel: 86803366, Good beers and tapas, pastas, steaks, and burgers. Tapas or pasta main course DKK 70.
There are also many restaurants around the main square and on the shopping streets radiating off of the main square. These restaurants meet all budget ranges. These include:
- Restaurant Gastronisk Institut on Søndergade 20. Fine food and wine. Three tables in front for streetside eating at lunch. Reasonably priced two-course lunches (105 DKK) and sandwiches. Dinners feature both ala carte and fixed price courses.
- All kind of accommodation on a map cazzala.com - search for sleep
- Radisson SAS, Papirfabrikken 12, tel:88822222. Good hotel located at the Gudenå river in the former paper mill. from 895 DKK. Free internet, wireless at ground level, wired in rooms(get access code, RJ45 cable at the reception).
- Scandic, Udgaardsvej 2, 8600 Silkeborg, Denmark, tel +45 86 80 35 33, email firstname.lastname@example.org, nice hotel not far from the Silkeborg Langsø, 2 km or so out of town. Rooms from c. 990 DKK.
- Hotel Dania, . Central location.
- Danhostel,  The youthhostel with a view of the river and in the center of town well kept and with good standards (very often outbooked).