This article is a travel topic
It is commonly referred by both the flight number prefix (SQ), and the ICAO code (SIA).
Singapore Airlines, together with Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific, have consistently been ranked among the best airlines in the world in terms of customer service and innovation, being first to fly the Airbus A380.
Despite the advent of budget carriers in the region in recent times, Singapore Airlines continues to stick rigorously to its branding model as a premium airline, and does not cut any corners when it comes to safety and customer service. This is attractive for those willing to pay a premium for better in-flight service and to save their lives. On the downside, fares are usually significantly higher than many of its competitors such as Qantas and Emirates, though prices do come down significantly during occasional promotions, particularly during the off-peak season, and can be good value for money.
- Singapore Changi Airport is SIA's home airport and hub. SIA operates from both Terminals 2 and 3. Flights to North America, Europe, and East Asia mainly depart from Terminal 3. Flights arriving at Changi Airport may use either Terminal 2 or 3; the terminal used is listed at Changi Airport Flight Information several hours before arrival.
More information at http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/company_info/siastory/fleet.jsp
- Airbus A380-800 12 Suites, 60 Business Class seats, 399 Economy Class seats.
- Boeing 777, various models, of variable configuration in two or three classes.
- Airbus A330-300, 2-class configuration
- Airbus A340-500 are used for the non-stop Singapore-Los Angeles and Singapore-Newark routes. Previously, Executive Economy seats were available in place of Economy class. However these aircraft now use 100 Business Class seats and do not have an Economy class.
Frequent flyer program
SIA has two frequent flyer programs:
- KrisFlyer is the ordinary frequent flyer program.
- PPS Club is the premium program; points are accrued only on First- and Business Class flights.
Miles are valid for only three years. They may be extended by up to 1 year for a fee.
A 15 % discount is applicable for redeeming KrisFlyer miles online.
SIA lounges are known as Silver Kris Lounges; there are seventeen of them, at:
- Brisbane (closed until June 2008)
- Hong Kong
- Kuala Lumpur
- San Francisco
- Singapore (Terminal 2)
- Singapore (Terminal 3)
First and Business Class customers, PPS Club; KrisFlyer Elite Gold, and Star Allaince Gold members are eligible to use these lounges. They may also use facilities of other Star Alliance airlines.
- NB: Star Alliance Gold customers are not allowed to use the SilverKris Lounge in Singapore International; they will be redirected to other lounges.
Singapore Airlines is part of the Star Alliance.
Passengers with certain special needs are accommodated, more information at the website.
Certified guide dogs are allowed to travel with their owner in the passenger cabin at no extra charge. The dog may not take up a seat and must be muzzled and harnessed. Only one dog per flight is allowed, so it is advisable that you contact the airline and make arrangements in advance.
In some regions, such as Australia, a person escorting a disabled flyer may receive up to 50% discount on their ticket price.
- Reservations (+65 6223 8888) - 24 h
- Airport office (+49 69 69032881)
- JFK (+1 718 7513830)
- EWR (+1 973 9612591)