Once a famous center of learning, arts and commerce and provisional capital for about four centuries in the past.
By planeKarachi is the main gateway to Sindh province by air.
- Jinnah International Airport in Karachi is served by many international airlines, including Air China, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, Cathy Pacific, Etihad, Emirates, Gulf, Kuwait Airways, Qatar Airways, Saudi Airlines, Syrian Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Indian Airlines, Iran Air, Malaysia Airlines, Thai Airways, Turkish Airlines and Turkmenistan Airlines. The main hub of the national flag carrier "PIA"and other 4 private airlines of Pakistan (Air Blue, Aero Asia and Shaheen Air) is Karachi's Jinnah International Airport.
- Chaukani are 15 - 18th century tombs scattered on a large area. Each tomb is unique in it design and motifs. Rich carved sandstone depicting the relation of the local tribes with the neighboring Iran, central Asia and Turkey.
- Banbhore is an archeological site of Daibal excavated in 1962, is the site where Alexander the great established a town in 325 BC and then the first Muslim conqueror in South East Asia came in 711 AD.It is Beautiful site with a small museum.
- Jamia Masjid is built by the Moghal Emperor Shah Jehan who also built Taj Mahal.
- Makli Tombs (15th - 17th centuries), a vast necropolis spread over 15.5 km², depicting exquisite specimens of architecture, stone carvings and glazed tile decorations.
- Haleji Lake is a famous bird sanctuary
- Keenjhar Lake is located 24 kms from Thatta is the biggest man-made lake of the country. The place has been developed into a resort with boating & fishing facilities.
- Sunway Lagoon Water park is located 20kms from Thatta, on the way to Karachi
There are many local dhabbas in thatta where you can eat traditional sindhi food and other meals like daal.you can also eat fruits like mangoes from thatta.you can go to main bazzar for some good quality food.