Trogir  is a historic town and harbour on the Adriatic coast in Croatia, with a population of approximately 13,000. Today it is part of the greater Split metropolitan area or conurbation which numbers over 400,000 inhabitants. It is on the UNESCO World Heritage List as it is one of the best preserved medieval towns in Europe. It is a fascinating place to just wander and also contains a range of accommodation. At present the town is undergoing considerably redevelopment, but it far from fully developed and you will still find run down or even abandoned houses. It is definitely worth the day trip from Split.
Trogir is in the immediate vicinity of the Split airport and about 25 km (30 minutes by car) from the centre of Split. From the airport take the regular 37 bus (runs every 20 minutes during the day and every 30 minutes in the evening and on Sundays, cost 20 Kuna). The 37 bus is the regular Split-Trogir service and you can use this bus to get to Trogir from Split (or vice versa). It is also relatively cheap to catch a taxi from the airport to Trogir.
The old part of Trogir occupies an island which you can walk around in about 20 minutes.
You can also rent a car. 
- Trogir Rental Service, Rimski put 28g, ☎ +385 91 251 8222, . Over 20 scooters from 50-250cc, boats from 4.6m to 6.5m, bikes and cars. email: firstname.lastname@example.org edit
Stunning beaches, spectacular islands with lavender-covered hills, small medieval and renaissance towns and Roman ruins characterize the intriguing strip of land that comprises Central Dalmatia. Warm Dalmatian hospitality and cheer is sure to capture your soul as you explore the quaint towns and old fishing ports.
Trogir is a jewel of a town encased in 15th-century walls. Tiny medieval streets wind through the enchanting town revealing hidden restaurants and eye-catching galleries. A wide seaside promenade snakes around the town, culminating in a charming port full of sailboats waiting to take you to the islands of Drvenik Mali and Drvenik Veli with their pristine sand beaches and secluded coves. Stretching out from the main land of Trogir to either side is an infinite number of beautiful beaches as well. A pleasing blend of Romanesque and Renaissance architecture, Trogir boasts a spectacular Venetian Cathedral of St. Lovro, a 15th-century town hall, the Church of St. John the Baptist with its gorgeous carved portal. Trogir is a delightful little town that is conveniently located to explore Central Dalmatia.
Just a short drive away, visitors may explore the intriguing city of Split with its busy commercial port, residential houses, shops and restaurants all rising from the incredible ruins of Diocletian’s Palace. The ancient ruins of the Roman city of Solin are also just a short drive away from Trogir and make an extraordinary day trip.
About 3km from Trogir, on the island of Čiovo (connected by the bridge) is a town called Okrug Gornji. It has 1km long beach with lots of bars right next to sea. If you like having a drink on a beach, jumping in the sea from the bar or a good night out then this is the place for you.
Note about islands of Drvenik: although they are very beautiful and well worth the visit - DO NOT eat in restaurants there. They are extremely expensive (one pizza for about 15 euros); carry food and water with you.
- Kamerlengo Fortress, (at the waterfront). This 14. century fortress was build to control access to the harbor and the bay of Kastela. . You walk on top of the walls and go to the top of the big tower and enjoy the view over the town 15 Kn. edit
In Poljica you can take peaceful evening walks free of modern day noise. In the village you can find a restaurant, shop and cafe bar. Peaceful place for leisure time on the reach of attractive destinations (Trogir, Split, Šibenik, etc.).
- Mirkec Pizzaria, Budislaviceva 15 (At the harbour). Good food at reasonable prices 60 kuna. edit
- The End, Matije Gupca 10 (in the middle of the old part), ☎ +385(0)21 88 42 84. Charming restaurant occupying the end of a very narrow street in the old part. Croatian/Italian food, mostly seafood HRK 80. edit
- Apartments Hrabar, Put dragulina 19d (150 meters west from the small bridge, turn right (north) and drive for another 400m.), ☎ +385 91 5041736, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 10:00. Well presented first floor 1 or 2 bedroom spacious and modern apartments 500m away from the centre. The air conditioned apartments are fully equipped and comfortably furnished, with internet connection, satellite tv and a large South facing balcony. Access to a shared garden complete with furniture and barbecue, and private parking. From €50. edit
- Apartment Hrabar Longo, Gospe kraj mora, ☎ +385 20 435 555. checkin: 14.00; checkout: 10.00. 65 + 20 m2. It is for 4-6 persons. Hvala €45-112/night. edit
- Apartments Villa Ivanka, Hrv. Žrtava 123, Seget vDonji (2 km west from Trogir), ☎ 021 880-109, . checkin: 14,00; checkout: 10,00. 50m from the beach from30 to 80 eur. edit
- Villa Sunrise (Croatia), Kneza Branimira 18,Trogir (Businci), ☎ +385989666820, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 10:00. Private villa with pool,only three exclusive apartments in Trogir Croatia.Best vacation rental with pool in Trogir for your holidays in Croatia.www.villa-sunrise.com (43.489241,16.2681) edit
- Apartments Carmen, Put Seline 25 Vinisce (Trogir), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 10:00. Summer apartments Carmen in Trogir area, small fishermen place Vinisce, are fully equipped and just few meters from the sea. Please visit our web page www.villa-carmen-apartments.com edit
- Apartmani Širović, Put Tunjare 58, Marina (Village of Marina, 12km west of Trogir), . Beautiful location in the picturesque village of Marina. (43.510355,16.116534) edit
In the old part
- Palace Derossi, Hrvatskih Mučenika 1 (close to bus station), ☎ +385 21881 241, . From HRK 600. edit
- Roso, Ribarska 21 (close to the waterfront), ☎ +385 91 7243148 (email@example.com). Nice and clean in good location. Ensuite bathrooms and air conditioned. HRK 250. edit
- Hostel Trogir, Trg Sv. Jakova 7 (Across the bridge to the Island of Ciovo.), ☎ +385 91 579 2190 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . From €14. edit
Green and Blue Caves