- Rondout Valley
- Ashokan Reservoir Area
- Belleayre Region
- Saugerties Region
- Route 28 Corridor (Ulster)
- Stewart International Airport, 1180 First St, New Windsor, +1 845 564-2100, . The closest major airport, but at present offers few direct flights to major destinations. There is almost no mass transit serving Stewart.
- Westchester County Airport, 240 Airport Road, White Plains, +1 914-995-4860 (airlines), . Several counties away, but an alternative to the congestion of the 3 major international airports around New York City. Rental cars available.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey, , John F. Kennedy International Airport , and LaGuardia Airport : Livery cars offer service to and from 3 major international airports. Amtrak offer rail links to Rhinebeck, across the river from Kingston.
Common access routes are:From north and south: I-87 (New York State Thruway) Exits 18 & 19. From west: NY-52 from Margaretville. From east: NY-199 across the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge from Red Hook and NY-44/55 across the Mid-Hudson Bridge from Poughkeepsie
There is no direct rail service to Ulster County, but a UCAT bus (bicycles carried) connects Metro-North and Amtrak, across the river in Dutchess County. The bus schedule coordinates with specific Metro-North arrivals from and departures to New York City.
- Shortline-Coach USA, ☎ +1 800-631-8405, . Shortline Bus Line-Coach USA offers three bus trips daily between New York City and some towns in Ulster County, such as Ellenville and Kerhonkson. Other ground transportation will be needed once inside the county.
- Pine Hill Trailways, New Paltz, ☎ +1 800-776-7548, . Pine Hill Trailways offers several bus trips daily between New York City and New Paltz. Ground transportation will be needed from New Paltz to your final destination. A connection may be available with Ulster County Area Transit (UCAT).
In most cases, a car is necessary to get around Ulster County. However, there is limited bus service, operated by UCAT, from Kingston to outlying areas. Taxis can be summoned by phone in all towns.
- Ulster County Area Transit (UCAT), ☎ +1 845-340-3333, . UCAT offers bus service inside Ulster County, and connects the larger towns and villages within the County. Check the website for the exact schedule and details.
Belleayre Mountain is a state-run, world-class ski resort in the heart of the Catskill. Wide array of trails and compared to the other large mountains in the region (i.e. Windham, Hunter), Belleayre is mush more affordable.
Climb some of the best climbs in the northeast at the Shawangunk Mountains aka the "Gunks". You will need to get a day pass from Mohonk Preserve .
Visit the Kingston farmers market every saturday 10:00am -2:00pm Wall Street Kingston from the end of May until the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Annual and seasonal, a grower producer market.
Make a difference when you travel and find a freshly prepared meal at no charge when you volunteer at the Queens Galley Soup kitchen. Join an increasing number of Voluntourists, people who choose to combine vacation with a small bit of community service. The Queens Galley soup kitchen, located at 254 Washington ave Kingston NY is the only soup kitchen in Ulster County to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner every day of the year. Volunteers are welcome between the hours of 7:15AM and 7PM. Please call ahead to arrange your volunteer schedule (845) 338-3468. Donations are also welcome.
Cellular signal is spotty west of the Thruway but can be found around some of the larger towns and generally outside of the Catskill Park region.
Area Code is 845