Watertown (New York)
Watertown is a city in New York's North Country, and the seat of Jefferson County. It is well known for its shopping by many Canadians who flock to the city to visit the Salmon Run Mall  and the many stores including Target, Lowe's, etc. Watertown is only a few miles from Fort Drum .
Settlers came here in the early 1800's to use the power from the Black River in order to start an industrial center. Today is has a beautiful, historic downtown center.
Watertown is about 1 hour from Syracuse on Interstate 81, exits 45, 46, and 47. Adirondack Trailways Service and Greyhound provide bus service, while the the closest Amtrak station is in Syracuse.
Watertown International Airport (IATA: ART) in Dexter, NY, serves mainly charter planes. American Airlines provides two flights a day to Chicago O'Hare. The next closest airport is Syracuse Hancock International about 70 miles south.
Make your way into Sackets Harbor for some great dining opportunities.
- Fairground Inn, 852 Coffeen St., ☎ (315) 782-7335, . edit
- Skewed Brewing, 21182 Salmon Run Mall (In the Salmon Run Mall), ☎ 315-788-2337, . A gastro pub, and brewery located inside the Salmon Run Mall. edit
- Best Western Carriage House Motor Inn, 300 Washington Street, +1 315 782-8000, Fax: +1 315 786-2097, .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1290 Arsenal Street, +1 315 779-1234, .
- Ramada Watertown, 6300 Arsenal St 21000 NY State Rt 3,Watertown, NY - 13601, ☎ 315-788-0700, . edit