White Plains (New York)
- Westchester County Airport (IATA: HPN) (ICAO: KHPN), . The 12 bus connects the airport with downtown White Plains.
- Metro North commuter train from Grand Central and 125th St. in New York (city) and other points south, or from Brewster, Wassaic, and other points north on the Harlem line. (See  for maps, schedules, and fare information.)
There is a network of Westchester County buses in the Bee Line system. (See  for further information.). There is also the Stamford I-Bus, Tappan Zee Express, The Leprauchan Connection, and Orange-Westchester Link to Stamford, Rockland County, Dutchess/Putnam County and Orange County respectively.
Greyhound also has service to White Plains.
White Plains has several major highways passing though it.
Interstate 287, which connects to the Tappan-Zee bridge to the west, and Interstate 95 in the east, has several exits which can drop you in many different parts of White Plains. It is frequently congested due to ongoing construction.
Without traffic, one can make it to Manhattan in 30 minutes.
Take the train from or to Manhattan. Buses connect White Plains with Stamford and locations throughout Westchester. Taxi cabs are available at the train station and by appointment elsewhere in the City. For Bee Line bus info, see . For Metro-North info, see . For information regarding the Stamford I-Bus, see . For information regarding the Tappan Zee Express bus see 
Not too much as far as tourist attractions, but White Plains does a nice job for Saint Patty's day parade and New Year's Celebration. The Ice Rink is a nice resource. The Library is top notch. Saxon Woods Park is worth a visit with a good walking loop in the woods of about 3 miles.
There are a number of malls in White Plains, including the upscale Westchester Mall, as well as the Galleria and White Plains Mall. That said, however, the most popular attraction in White Plains is the Metro North station, which can deposit a traveler into the heart of Manhattan via express train within 35 minutes. If you find yourself in White Plains for any prolonged period, you may want to take advantage of this option.
There are many places for entertainment in White Plains. The city often holds free movies and concerts (small band performances), especially during the summer. During the summer, there is also a farmers market located down the block from city center. City Center is a large complex with shopping and a large movie thearter.
There are little to no native products to White Plains, but most major retailers are located in Town. Departments stores abound but for avid bargain hunters, the best retail therapy can be had approximately thirty minutes away at Woodbury Commons Outlet Mall.
White Plains has all of the major chains represented here. So you can choose between Legal Seafood, PF Chang's, The Cheesecake Factory and Applebee's in case you haven't eaten at one of them in another typical Edge City. There is a large number of local Italian restaurants of varying quality along with the standard Greek diners and ubiquitous middling Chinese fare. For high end Italian try Merlinos. The Indian restaurant on East Post Rd. just received an excellent in the NY Times review. For affordable fare stick with one of the several diners. Many of the restaurants have had formal write ups in the times which can be googled. The Old White Plains Mall has an asian supermarket with prepared Chinese and Japanese food at a reasonable price and of course Whole Foods has quality prepared foods as well.
In addition, there are a variety or restaurants spanning down Mamaroneck Ave with any food anyone could desire. Including upscale restaurants to quick fast food.
There is a cluster of bars on Mamaroneck Ave between Maple and Main St. which is the center of White Plains nightlife. If the Irish Pubs in this vicinity do not quite suit the bill there is another small cluster of bars down East Post Road as you head to South Broadway.
- Crowne Plaza White Plains Hotel, , A full service hotel in downtown White Plains near Westchester Mall. Meeting facilities perfect for business functions, weddings, receptions, bar mitzvahs, and more.
- Hampton Inn White Plains/Tarrytown, 200 Tarrytown Road, ☎ 914-592-5680, . Conveniently located on 119 (near routes 87 and 287). Meeting rooms available to accommodate your corporate meetings. Group rates offered. edit
- Renaissance Westchester Hotel, 80 West Red Oak Lane, +1 914 694-5400, Toll-free: +1 800 891-2696, Fax: +1 914 694-5616, .
- Residence Inn White Plains Westchester County, 5 Barker Avenue, +1 914 761-7700, Fax: +1 914 761-0136, .
- Ritz-Carlton Westchester, 3 Renaissance Square (right dowtown, tallest building), ☎ 419-946-5500, . checkin: 3; checkout: 12. Simply the best hotel in Westchester. Check online for best rates! $200+. edit
- Doral Arrowwood, 975 Anderson Hill Road Rye Brook, ☎ 914-939-5500, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: noon. Nestled amid 114 wooded acres in Rye Brook village in Westchester County. edit
White Plains is the center of the County and is convenient to NYC. An express train takes less than thirty minutes to Midtown Manhattan. The bus can be taken into the Bronx (try the Zoo, Botanical Gardens or Arthur Avenue). Westchester County Airport is ten minutes away.