Zanjan is the capital city of Zanjan province in Iranian Azerbaijan. Zanjan have a lot of historical sites and ancient.Soltaniyeh (Persian: سلطانيه, also Romanized as Solţānīyeh, Solţāneyyeh, Sultaniye, and Sultānīyeh; also known as Sa‘īdīyeh)is a city in and capital of Soltaniyeh District of Abhar County, Zanjan Province, Iran.At the 2006 census, its population was 5,684, in 1,649 families. Soltaniyeh,located some 240 kilometres (150 mi) to the north-west of Tehran, used to be the capital of Mongol Ilkhanid rulers of Persia in the 14th century.Its name translates as "the Imperial". In 2005, UNESCO listed Soltaniyeh as one of the World Heritage Sites.
William Dalrymple notes that Öljaitü intended Soltaniyeh to be "the largest and most magnificent city in the world" but that it "died with him" and is now "a deserted, crumbling spread of ruins.
abhar is a big city on zanjan.
- The beautiful Katale ( Catale ) Khor cave is near here.
- The landscape outside the city is very beautiful.
- Soltaniye Dome, . Sultaniye Dome is UNESCO World Heritage site, the third largest Dome in the world after Santa Maria Dome and Hagia Sophia Dome and the largest brick made dome in the world edit
- Caravanserai Sangi. edit
- Rakhtshurkhaneh. It is a traditional Qajari era laundry house and is today Zanjan's Museum of Anthropology.Historical Edifice of Rakhtshooy Khaneh which in means Wash-house lies at the historical texture of the Zanjan city and it was built nearly 20th century.This place was used for washing clothes by women around the city.It was constructed by two brothers named Mashad Akbar and Mashadi Esmail.At the present this historic building is being used as Zanjan anthropological museum. edit
- shah zeydolkabir, abhar. edit
- pire zahrnoosh, abhar. edit
Zanjan is famous for its knives, traditional sandals, and handicrafts.